Visit Homepage
Press "Enter" to skip to content

Volunteer Firefighters Extinguish Box Elder House Fire

Volunteer firefighters responded to a Box Elder home late Tuesday night to put out a fire that was in danger of spreading to nearby structures.

“It was a big fire,” said DaNita Menard of the Box Elder Volunteer Fire Department who also has connections to the property that burned. “The wind was horrific and everything is drying out with that heat we’ve had.”

Mernad said the fire was caused by a downed power wire that may have been brought down by a tree branch.

The fire razed the garage and burned several vehicles before volunteers from the Rocky Boy, Box Elder and Bear fire departments extinguished it.

No one was injured in the blaze.

Mernad estimated the fire was entirely extinguished around 2:30 a.m.

Email Paul Dragu at editor@havreherald.com

Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap